Jan 27, 2017

HOW TO REPLACE KINGROOT WITH SUPERSU IN ASUS ZENFONE 2 LASER 5.5s

SuperSu_image_from_google_play
After using Kingroot app to root your device let me show you how to replace it with SuperSu as some say that it is more stable when granting apps that you installed unlike Kingroot(Kinguser).

Others don't trust this app as some say its a malware that would steal your info, so others prefer to remove it and replace it with SuperSu instead. 

I remember also the vRoot app before which install its own superuser when rooting spreadtrum devices.
If you happen not to root yet your device you may wish to visit my post here.

Disclaimer: I am not held responsible if you brick or destroy your device, do it at your own risk as I also did when I replaced Kingroot with SuperSu.

Things needed:
1. MRW files (download and extract) here or here
2. Terminal Emulator (here) or here
3. Rooted Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s ZE550KL tutorial (here)
4. Internet connection

Steps:
1. Download and extract mrw files.
2. Copy mrw folder to your root directory use root explorer app.
note: This is the tricky part since I simply move the mrw to my sdcard but when I type the script below directory was not found since your microsd is labeled under removable and not named as sdcard, as sdcard is part of your internal storage.

Two ways to put inside your root directory, use root explorer and look for /sdcard open sdcard and paste mrw inside.
/sdcard
The other way is to look for /mnt and to sdcard and open sdcard and paste inside.
/mnt
/mnt/sdcard
/mnt/sdcard/mrw
3. Download Terminal Emulator app and install.

4. Type in Terminal
su (hit enter)

type this code:
sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh (hit enter)
terminal_emulator
5. Wait until it completes the process, just ignore the errors from your screen like Failure etc.
processing
6. So depending on each device some tutorials says that it will auto launch the SuperSu, some say you need to do it manually.
super_su_auto_launch_or_manual_launch
7. I simply open where SuperSu apk is located (inside mrw folder) and simply installed the app, then grant permission if Kingroot asks for it.

8. It will ask you to update subinary (internet connection needed). Select normal not on twrp/cwm
su_binary_update_select_continue
choose_normal

wait_as_it_finishes_installing
9. If it asks you to delete the other superuser installed just click "CANCEL" I tried to select OK before but I lost my root access.

10. Some say that when they click the reboot button they got bootlooped, mine went well so you may opt to click ok. 
click_ok
11. You may just manually do the reboot if you prefer to do so later on.
click_no_thanks_to_continue
success!


11. If you decide to unroot your device, simply go to SuperSu settings and select "Full unroot".
unroot_your_device
Some threads you may wish to read where I based my own tutorial when I made my own screenshots.
link 1 or here
link 2 or here

Next post...How to unlock your bootloader for your asus zenfone 2 laser 5.5s ze550kl asus_Z00LD tutorial (here).

Share with friends if you found this tutorial helpful.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing this valuable information. I was searching for the best guide about How to replace Kingroot with SuperSu and got this article. Thanks again...

    ReplyDelete

#